Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Sweet Smell of Funny

            One of the blogs that I enjoy visiting and feel a bond with the included writer is biologistsoup, by Kent Fothergill. One of his trademarks is the very witty comic strips he illustrates, pertaining to biology. Truth is, folks, there's not really much doe invested in biologist targeted comedy. So if you're a naturalist, scientist or even have a relationship with one in your life, you might want to check out his blog under my "Great Bug Blogs I Follow" tab on the lower right side of this page.

trapping dung beetles
Some of us can relate to this, I'm sure.

I have a lot of respect for any person not swayed by social norms in the process of following a "burning" passion of theirs. Scarab workers are just one of the many examples of "taking the plunge" and "submerging themselves" in what "fills their bowels" with the most joy.

Thank you, Kent, for a intricate kind of funny that appeals to an intricate audience, myself included. If there was a news paper for Entomologists, your comic strips would be the hit of the funnys section.

No comments:

Post a Comment